Before jump to the topic, just have a look at some B2B lead generation stats :
- Strategic landing pages are used by 68% of B2B businesses to acquire leads. Marketo
- The three most commonly used B2B lead generation strategies are email marketing (78%), event marketing (73%), and content marketing (67%). Demand Metric Research Corporation via Direct Marketing News
- 85% of B2B marketers say lead generation is their most important content marketing goal in 2016. Content Marketing Institute
- For B2B software marketers, however, the top sources of new business are organic search, SEM/PPC advertising, and word of mouth referrals (source).
- 37% of B2B marketers are using marketing automation to generate leads (source).
Both small and large companies benefit from digital marketing campaigns. There are 2.5 Billion Internet users worldwide according to Global Digital Stats and Facts . Just imagine to tapping into this huge market..HOW? The answer to that is Lead Genration via Digital Marketing Techniques.!
Before that understand – What exactly is lead generation?
Lead generation in terms of digital marketing is an act of attracting relevant visitors to your website or social page who then give you their information in exchange for something from you. Digital marketing tactics helps at every stages of lead generation proces which is completely inbound process.
What Business Owners are looking for?
As business owner one must aware with the fact that continuous lead generation translate into higher sales. Higher the sales results business growth. Clearly, greater the lead generation, the greater will its ROI be. In the current digital times, businesses are looking to increase therir lead counts by using digital marketing.
Digital Marketing is affordable and cost effective –
One of the most important benefits of digital marketing is that it is the most cost-effective ways to market your business. When it comes to traditional marketing, it’s very difficult for small businesses with limited budgets to compete with larger businesses for ad space. However, with affordable digital marketing tactics, small businesses can get more for their marketing spend.
Businesses need digital marketing plan for branding/promotion, for lead generation, subscribers and getting most for your money that means improving ROI. In traditional marketing there are only few options available ―that is, through print, radio, television, billboards, bus benches, etc., which could cost you more in comparison of digital marketing might be a better option.
Digital marketing tactics has proven to be the most cost-effective way to reach potential customers. Content marketing, Event marketing and Email Marketing the three most commonly used B2B lead generation digital marketing strategies used by businesses now a days. Apart from that pay-per-click advertising, search engine optimization, social media marketing all these services commonly market websites and digital businesses.
Effective Digital Marketing Tactics for lead generation –
- Website Optimization – Whenever user visit your website homepage or say landing page is most important factor for generating interest . Homepage or landing page is the central hub of online marketing activities and most of sales will take action. Landing page is like blueprint for your services or in other words it is extract of your work.
Activities while optimizing landing pages
- Highly targeted customer focused content – Remember three factors while writing content that clearly mentioned Business Goals, identifying target audience, and what services you provide to your customers!
- Navigation – Smooth and customer focused Navigation throughout the website so user can easily understand your content.
- Multiple Call-to-Action – Use multiple CTAs throughout the page. Placing a CTA after each persuasive technique increases the likelihood of a conversion at other points throughout the page.
- Lead Generation Forms – Most important and present in your website mail content.
- Product Categorization – It will help your prospects to their budgeting process by easy to understand your products. So categorize products / services according to pricing
- Search Engine Optimization – SEO is most effective as it will help to generate organic web searches which users used everyday. Good ranking in serp means higher visibility of your website or landing pages and as a result higher the chance of leads generation. More than 90% Digital marketers prefer SEO for lead generatin process. There are many techniques available in SEO, you must choose wisely as per the requirement.
- PPC Paid Marketing – A common misperception is that PPC is only for e-commerce websites, but that not the case at all. PPC is a highly effective channel for websites and companies doing online lead generation. Most important benefit while choosing PPC is attract visitors who are looking for what you offer and it achieve immediate keyword rankings and traffic
- Email Marketing – You know what 94% of Internet users use email, while only 61% use social media and 75% of adult online users say that email marketing is their preferred marketing method. The huge advantage of email over social media is that prospects and customers are more likely to see an email than social media. The most important factors that works for email marketing are price and ease. Emailing is an inexpensive way to advertise your company and its products and/or services compared to many other types of marketing. Best use of email to develop relationships with potential customers and/or clients.
- Social Media – Social media most important factor used for lead generation . Social media can be an amazing way to generate web traffic & leads for your business — when used properly. According to research 23% of internet users spend their time on social sites and blogs. Lead generation via social media channels is simple, fast, and effective. According to Quick Sprout, social media’s ‘lead to close’ chances are higher by 100 percent when compared to outbound marketing.
In the end..
In this digital era businesses are changing their mindset from Traditional to Digital. Businesses more depends on marketing automation tools like marketo, hubspot, Constant Contact etc for the lead generation growth. This is the time when brands will have to use different modes and ways to actually delve and make an impact on the customers. Surviving in such cut-throat competition is only possible if you can devise and implement a marketing strategy which portrays your uniqueness and gives the customers a reason to opt for you.